Happy Father's Day TRXers! This full body workout was designed by TRX Master Instructor, Brandon Wagoner. These exercises are designed to build strength, durability, endurance and agility.
The Workout: Do 8-10 reps of each exercise. Repeat the entire series 2-4 times.
Total Time: Up to 30 minutes.
You will need: TRX Suspension Trainer
1. TRX INVERTED ROWS
This exercise is excellent for developing integrated core, upper and lower back strength.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together and use your lats to pull your body up until your hands are at the side of your rib cage. Slowly lower your body back down to the start position.
2. TRX SPIDERMAN PUSH-UPS
This exercise mimics crawling patterns and develops total-body strength.
- Put your toes in the foot cradles. Lift the hips so you are in push up position. Perform a push-up. At the end of the push-up movement, lift hips up and pull both knees to the elbows.
3. TRX SQUAT JUMP
Increase leg strength as well as improving explosive power and deceleration of load.
- Stack elbows under shoulders, feet hip width apart. Lower hips down and back, weight in heels. Drive through heels, squeeze glutes, lift chest.
4. TRX POWER-PULL
Total body exercise that increases strength in pull mechanics and helps develop rotation and unilateral strength.
- Slowly lower your body away from the anchor point with your working hand, letting yourself rotate away, until your non-working hand is reaching toward the ground. Maintain your plank. Pull yourself back to the start position in one controlled movement until your non-working hand is touching the suspension trainer. Repeat on both sides.
5. TRX BURPEE
Increase single leg strength, power, explosiveness and stability in all planes. Simulates going from the crawl to standing and potentially to a run.
- Adjust the TRX Suspension Trainer so that the bottom of the foot cradles are at the middle of your calf. Stand facing away from the TRX and place one foot in both cradles. Lunge down and lower your hips while driving your suspended leg back, until back knee is two inches from ground. Place your hands on the ground and hop your grounded leg straight back to a plank position. Perform a push-up then hop your grounded leg forward and explode up to a jump.
6. TRX OVERHEAD SQUAT
Engages more than 200 muscles in the entire body, enhances strength in the posterior chain, improves squat mechanics, mobility in shoulders and hips, and stability in the core.
- Stand facing the TRX with your hands extended over your head in the foot cradles, pulling back so that there is tension on the straps. With your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands still overhead, squat down until your thighs are parallel with the ground.
Start your training today - Father's Day Special £50 off all suspension trainers from 14-16th June. Shop here.